Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Saturday, August 09, 2014

I don't know what it has been like where you are, but us Londoners have been graced with gorgeous weather. Amazing huh? We've actually got a summer that looks like summer! Oh the summer, hair gets lighter, skin gets darker and, unless you're extremely lucky, skin gets oilier. Now while those first two are fab, the third isn't so fun.
 
No matter what I do, my skin always ends up so shiny and previous products that I have tried in the past that claim to banish shine and mattify the skin haven't worked at all. That is where this little beauty comes in. The Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder (£3.99) is an absolute god send.
 
It claims for up to 5 hours of natural shine control, which is actually believable and true for a change, rather than a product claiming for 12 hours of control and not even lasting 12 minutes. It also claims to minimize the appearance of pores, which it does to a certain extent but by no means does it make them vanish. If hiding your pores is what you're after, then this product isn't for you. I have the shade 001 Transparent as I just wanted a powder to go over the top of all my makeup without adding colour, however sometimes I do just wear this powder alone. It actually is quite good at correcting the overall appearance of my skin, and even helps to minimize redness - perfect for no makeup days, when you still want to look somewhat presentable! It isn't chalky, doesn't rub off when you hug somebody and blends really well into the skin.
 
The packaging is just simple, with a clear lid so you can see exactly what it is. However I have noticed that the plastic lid on my one has begun to crack around the sides, which is so frustrating. But at £3.99 I think I can live. The powder also comes with a crown imprinted into it, which I thought was a nice touch by Rimmel. Overall this is an extremely good powder for shine control and at £3.99 for 14g, it's a right bargain.
 
If you also suffer from a shiny face, what are your go to products?
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)