Seventeen Mini Lip Gloss Library Review

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I received the *Seventeen Mini Lipgloss Library (£6) in my stocking for Christmas and although it may not look like much, it really is something quite lovely. It contains 6 mini lip glosses that are perfect to throw in your bag and take you from day to night.

The set contains four shimmer based shades and two that don't have any shimmer and can be built up to achieve a really nice look. The shades are lovely but if you are a glitter hater, this set it not for you. I do like all the shades however the two non shimmer shades are my favourite. For a budget brand, the formula of the lip glosses are amazing. They aren't sticky or fragranced, they seem to add a bit of moisture to the lips and they are really easy to apply. The lasting power isn't anything amazing and as with all lip glosses, they do come off as you eat and drink. Also I did find that the red shade faded badly and left the dreaded rim around my lips, so this one will need a bit of upkeep. However, what does annoy me is the fact that there are no shade names.

Here is a little run down of all the shades from left to right:

1. A pearly pink shade with shimmer. This has been my go to lip product since I started back at school. It is really subtle but lovely and just adds a gloss that shimmers when caught by the light. This is also a great shade to be applied over lipstick to the middle of the lips to create the illusion of fullness.

2. A sheer cool toned rose shade with a delicate shimmer. This one is really buildable and lovely as it isn't over glittery but when it catches the light it gives off a really pretty shimmer.

3. A sheer flamingo pink shade with shimmer. This one isn't as buildable as the other colours but it is really pretty and adds a shimmer and gloss to your lips. It is quite subtle and the glitter isn't gritty at all.

4. A creamy coral shade. This shade is absolutely beautiful, worn alone it gives a really lovely pink that can be built up in layers. I also love layering it over my Revlon Pink In The Afternoon Lipstick as I think they are quite similar in colour and this just helps to amplify the shade and give it a little gloss.

5. A sheer berry shade with shimmer. This one is quite sheer but it is buildable and again the glitter isn't gritty at all. Probably my least favourite shade in the whole set, but it is still really pretty.

6. A pigmented red shade that is beautiful on its own or paired with a bright red lip. It's buildable so can be layered to really pack a punch. Although be careful as it does fade leaving a rim.

I already have all these shades scattered throughout my bags and coat pockets. They are just so easy to use and are absolutely way better than the price and packaging seem to suggest.

What do you think of Seventeen products?

Ciara x

*This post contains items which were gifted to me. Full disclaimer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)