July Favourites

Friday, July 31, 2015



Can you believe we are over halfway through this year already? I think I start every monthly favourites post with a similar line but time really does seem to be flying by. I'm half way through my long summer holiday already and I just don't know where it has gone! I had so many plans and ideas for this summer and so far I think I have only acted on two of them (see one of them here!). Here's to a jam packed second half hey?

This month has been all about easy products for me. I've liked my makeup being quite minimal as I think summer is the time for fresh and natural makeup but with pops of colour. This is a look that I think suits me so I've really enjoyed the relaxed easy vibe of it. However, just because I want to look natural doesn't mean I want my redness and blemishes on show to the whole world. I don't want to look that natural. The L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation (£7.99) and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) are THE dream team. They give me exactly the look I'm after while still covering everything that I want covered. L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation gives me a flawless base and leaves me with even looking skin while taming my oily bits and not clinging to any dry patches. It really is the best foundation I have ever tried and is affordable too. The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer needs no introduction. The world and his wife know about how amazing this concealer is and I agree with them completely. I have the lightest shade and it is a perfect colour match for me, the thick creamy consistency covers all signs of blemishes and redness and it's even a pretty great under eye concealer too as it doesn't crease and covers bluey tones and dark circles without feeling heavy. I love these two products so much and will be repurchasing them for a long long while.

To apply my L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation I've really loved using the Ecotools Stippling Brush (£7.99). This is the brush that dreams are made of. The Ecotools Stippling Brush is a dream to work with and buffs foundation into the skin like nobodies business. It picks up plenty of product and doesn't suck any of it up. Oh and it's super soft. What more could you want really? I have quite a few Ecotools brushes in my collection now and the quality of them are exceptional. For a budget brand they know what they are doing. I also think the bamboo handles are a really nice touch.

As I said earlier, this month has been about easy products. Products that get the job done and do it well. Eyeshadow sticks do exactly that. I love eyshadow sticks because they are so simple yet effective. You can just take one in a pretty colour, colour in your eyelids, give it a little blend with your finger and there you go - a one wash wonder! My personal favourites this month have been the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick in 002 Bulletproof Beige (£4.49) which is a really nice champagne colour and the Rimmel London By Kate Eye Shadow Stick in 100 Rose Gold  (£4.49) which is a gorgeous rose gold colour as the name suggests. Both of these colours are lovely for day time softly blended and Rose Gold is stunning when built up for a almost burnt copper eye look. These eyeshadow sticks are great because they are so easy to use and don't crease. They are also waterproof as well so they last all day. I think I will definitely be looking into picking up more of these.

Last but not least we have the beautiful Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti (£7.99). This is an absolutely lovely sheer orange colour that can be built up to a beautiful pop of colour on the lips. I've talked about this lipstick a few times now but I really do love it. I think what I love the most about it is that it's just so easy to wear. It isn't scary because it's quite sheer, it's moisturising, fades evenly, you don't need to line your lips and it seems to be flattering on everybody. It's a tangerine dream.

So there we go, another month down. Let's see what August has to bring.

Do you prefer powder or cream eyeshadows?

Ciara x

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)