The Best Foundation On The High-Street?

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It's no secret that I love the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation (£7.99) with a passion. I've spoken about it loads of times, it was the only base I wore on holiday and it's definitely a firm (July) favourite of mine. It's just the best foundation I've ever tried and I don't understand why all high-street foundations can't be like it.

There are two foundations in the L'Oreal Infallible range but seeing as my skin is on the oilier side I picked up the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation and honestly if you like a fairly matte base then you need to do so too. L'Oreal Infallible Matte controls shine to give you a smooth matte finish while still being lightweight and not cakey in the slightest. I think this foundation looks really natural and it feels nice to wear. It doesn't leave you counting down the hours to when you can remove your makeup and let your skin breathe. The lasting power is really good, it doesn't fade or need touch ups. I cant vouch for it lasting 24 hours because I'm yet to go anywhere where my makeup will be on for that long but yeah, it's pretty good.

L'Oreal peg this as a high coverage foundation and although the coverage is good I would say it's more medium. It's definitely buildable but I suggest putting a layer on and then touching up anything uncovered with concealer rather than piling another layer of foundation onto your face because then it doesn't look as natural. But that's just how I like to do things, you do what you wanna do. I love to apply this with my Ecotools Stippling Brush, I think it creates a really flawless base.

The shade range is decent for a high-street brand with L'Oreal offering 6 shades. I have 11 Vanilla which is the second lightest and that is perfect for me at the minute. Though if I'm honest, when I was testing out the shades in the shop there wasn't much difference between the lightest shade and the one that I have so you'll just have to try your luck.

This is definitely a foundation that is worth trying. It's affordable and really high quality. I even like the packaging and the fact that it's a little squeezy bottle means you can put as little or as much onto the back of your hand to use as you like. Think I'll be repurchasing this one soon.

What's your favourite high-street foundation?

Ciara x

Twitter ¦ Bloglovin' ¦ Instagram ¦ Tumblr ¦ Pinterest

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. My favourite highstreet foundations are L'Oréals true match and rimmels match perfection xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the L'Oreal True Match so that's definitely on my to-try list! xx

      Delete
  2. I love this foundation! I've heard great things about that eco-tools brush as well! great review love!
    http://amanda-speroni.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ecotools brush is amazing! By far my favourite brush to apply foundation with! Thank you :) x

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)