My September Face - School Appropriate Makeup

Saturday, September 26, 2015

I never used to wear makeup to school, but now that I'm in sixth form and I can wear my own clothes I think having my makeup done just pulls everything together nicely. The makeup I've been wearing recently has been quite natural, not because I have to do that for sixth form, but because I don't have a lot of time in the mornings so I don't want to risk it all going drastically wrong. I thought I would share it with you today because its a really simple routine that is great for everyday especially if you are at school and you're not allowed to wear a full face of slap.

If you are going to be having a busy day then you need your makeup to last, and the only thing that I have ever tried that keeps my makeup on until I want to take it off is *Benefit's The Porefessional (£19.50). It smoothes out the skin leaving you with a flawless base to apply your foundation on and makes sure your makeup doesn't slip and slide all over your face. My mum swears by this stuff and there aren't many products out there that get the seal of approval from my mum, so it must be good. It is expensive for what it is, but even a small sample size of *The Porefessinal lasts forever so it is really worth the investment.

My go to base has been the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (£6.99) purely because of the fact that I'm lazy and this doesn't need to be applied with a brush. No matter what foundation I try, I always come back to the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream because it is just so easy. It's lightweight, doesn't cling to dry patches, doesn't break me out and is a really nice colour match. It isn't super full coverage because it is a BB Cream, but it does do a great job at improving the overall appearance of my skin. It looks natural and is great for when you're having a lazy no fuss day but still want a bit of colour and coverage. The only thing I will say about this product is that the shade range is awful and Maybelline needs to do something about that right away. I did a full review ages ago that you can read here and cringe about how bad that photo is.

When I do need a bit of extra coverage I always reach for the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19). I wont bang on about this, you know the drill by now. This stuff is amazing and you all need one. You can read more about it here.

I've talked about this blush loads of times on my blog recently and that's the Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels (£7). This is a really pretty cream to powder, coral blush that does a great job of perking up the skin and giving you a natural girly flush. I think this colour is really radiant and because it is a cream product it is versatile. You can dot a tiny bit on for an inner glow kind of effect or go the whole hog for a really bold pop of colour on the cheeks. I love applying this with my Real Techniques Blush Brush.

I then set my makeup using the Soap and Glory One Heck Of A Blot Translucent Powder (£12). I used to love this stuff and think it was amazing, and it is good don't get me wrong, but recently it's not been working for me as well as it usually does. I don't know if that's because I've had a couple of breakouts and so my skin is a bit oilier but I've noticed that this needs applying a lot more than usual. However, this is a fantastic powder and one that I would recommend to everybody who likes a matte base. It isn't heavy or cakey on the skin and is great at blending out your blusher or bronzer when you've gone a bit too far. The compact also contains a giant mirror so it's great for on the go.

For those of you who are at school, I think one of the best budget, neutral eye shadow palettes out there is the Collection Eyes Uncovered Eye Shadow Palette in Nude (£3.99). This contains every single colour you will ever need for school. I love this palette for everyday because you've got a really nice highlight and liner colour and some gorgeous goldy, browny, taupey shades in there. The quality is amazing for so cheap. The eye shadows are really buttery and the colours never fade and fall out isn't an issue. Collection is such a great budget brand and one that is really overlooked (apart from that famous concealer of course). I seriously recommend that everybody picks themselves up one of these palettes.

For mascara I've been using the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara (£10.99) for my top lashes and Natural Collection Water Guard Mascara (£1.99) for my bottom lashes. I've had the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in my collection for a while now (it probably actually needs binning) and it's just such a good staple. It's a really good all rounder in that it curls and lengthens the lashes while making them jet black and keeping them looking almost feathery. The Natural Collection Water Guard Mascara is perfect for bottom lashes because it's waterproof so doesn't budge and leave you with black marks all down your face. It also comes in a Brown/Black offering which I use during the day because it's really natural and adds definition to the eyes without being too harsh.

This month my everyday lipstick has been the Rimmel London Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 03 (£5.49). It is such a pretty pinky brown nude that just looks effortless and cool. This is such a blogger thing to say but it's the perfect cross between 'my lips but better' and that famous Kylie Jenner lip. I love it. 03 is just a standard lipstick in that it isn't drying or mositurising and just lies somewhere in between. It does have a tendancy to bunch up around my lips when I'm talking a lot, so I have to watch that and carry it with me, but overall it's a really nice budget lipstick and smells amazing. I definitely need to look into getting some other colours in the range.

So there is my (very tired) September face appropriate for school. What's been your go to beauty product recently?

Ciara x

Twitter ¦ Instagram ¦ Tumblr ¦ Bloglovin' ¦ Pinterest

*This post contains items which were gifted to me. Full Disclaimer.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wish I could get my hands on the Collection Concealer. I've only heard good things about it but I can't find it anywhere online. I love the Maybelline BB Cream. In my opinion the best BB Cream out there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must keep looking! It's so worth it! I agree with you, I haven't found another BB Cream that compares :) x

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)