Autumn Alternatives To The Berry Lip

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Autumn is in full swing now and winter is just around the corner, so I thought I would share with you the lipsticks I've been loving so far this season. I'm not all that adventurous when it comes to autumn/winter lip colours. I find the traditional purple and berry tones far too intimidating for me. (Although I have found one that I really like wearing at the minute, so we'll see how that goes and I'll keep you posted!) I tend to stick to reds and pinky brown nudes and I'm having a real thing about matte lips lately. So here are my alternatives to the berry lip trend.
 
Lately I've really loved wearing the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 07 Nude-ist (£8.99). The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets are matte liquid lipsticks that aren't drying in the slightest and are actually really lightweight. I bought Nude-ist thinking it was going to be that perfect nude colour for me but it isn't. It's a really gorgeous dark pink with brown undertones and almost a hint of plum. Completely unexpected from the bottle! This colour is so good for those of you who want to try out that darker lipstick trend but don't want to go full hog the first time. Just be careful with this as it fades unevenly, especially if you're eating and drinking. You can read my full review here.
 
The darkest lipstick I own is *Mac Chili (£15.50). This is the most gorgeous matte dark red shade I have ever seen. I wanted it for ages and I was lucky enough to receive it from my friend for my birthday last year. I think *Chili is such an unsung hero of the Mac world. I don't think I have ever heard anybody say anything about it but it's a colour that everybody should have in their collection come these colder months. *Chili is a matte brick red with browny orange undertones that I can imagine would suit everybody. The formula is really lovely. Although it is matte, it's comfortable to wear, easy to apply and doesn't smudge. The wear time is really good but again, just watch the fading.
 
If reds are your thing but you don't want something as dark then check out the Topshop Lipstick in Be My Baby (£8) which is such a lovely pinky red. It's a new addition to my collection and my first Topshop lipstick, but I love it and I absolutely need more! Be My Baby makes a gorgeous, effortless everyday red lip and the formula is amazing. Topshop describe the finish as satin matte but basically it's just not glossy or glittery, it's nowhere near as matte as *Chili or Nude-ist. Be My Baby is easy to apply, doesn't smudge or fade unevenly and lasts forever. Give this one a look next time you're in Topshop because I never hear people talking about it and it really is gorgeous.
 
If bold berry, pink or red tones just aren't for you but you still want something suited to the darker weather, then this is the perfect nude for you. The Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 03 (£5.49) is a beautiful pinky brown nude that is reminiscent of THAT Jenner lip. This has fast become a staple in my collection and you might have even seen it in my school makeup routine. It's just such a beautiful everyday colour that is effortless to wear but makes a real difference. It pulls your look together in a very understated way. The formula is really nice, it gives you a semi matte look without being drying and it fades evenly. The wear time is good, it comes off when eating and drinking so touch ups are required, but that's not a bother at all because it's so easy to apply.
 
What's your favourite lipstick for autumn?
 
Ciara x
 
 
*This post contains items which were gifted to me. Full disclaimer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I read them all and I love to hear from you :)